Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mom's Recipe

My mom is a great cook as well as a great person. I thought I would let you know about her recipe for Cavatelli. It is extremely tasty and I have never known anyone who doesn't like it. Combine it with a salad, garlic bread, and beverage of your choice and you have a great meal! This recipe serves about six - unless me and my brothers are there in which it serves about three. Anyway, if you try it I know you'll like it.

Cavatelli

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 lb. Italian Sausage
1onion chopped
1 Green Pepper chopped
1 garlic bud
Saute all together

Add:
2 cans chopped tomatoes
16 oz. can tomato sauce
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tbls. parmesan cheese

Simmer for 2 hours

Prepare 3 kinds of pasta (shells,penne,etc.) 1 lb. Total

Mix with sauce, put in baking dish, bake at 350 until hot and bubbly. Top with shredded mozarella cheese. Heat until cheese melts.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck -- it's Christmas and mom is up here in Dallas and we just went to the Tom Thumb grocery store and got everything for the Cavatelli and Italian salad.

Yum-yum!